If you're wondering about the weather during your Bahamas vacation, we've got a few facts that will help you know before you go...
A few Bahamas weather facts for you:
- The relative humidity in the Bahamas is about 65%, making it feel warmer than it actually is.
- Hurricane season for the Caribbean lasts officially from June 1st to November 30th. However, the Bahamas historically sees most stroms from August 15th - September 30th.
- Hurricanes are actually infrequent in the Bahamas. Statistically, more tropical weather hits the U.S. than the Bahamas.
- Temperatures in the Bahamas are moderated largely by the Gulf Stream's warm waters, and are effected by North America's cold air systems. It's warm year-round in the Bahamas. January & February can see cooler temps in the low 60s in the Northern most islands.
- Winter is the busiest season for the Bahamas (December to mid-April). The best time to travel there for weather and rates is actually in late Spring & early Summer.
Truthfully, the Bahamas is a can't-lose destination year-round. So, no matter when you decide to travel, rest assured that you won't be disappointed, and you won't be without the Bahamas most abundant resources: sea, sand and sunshine!
For a 10-day forecast of the weather in the Bahamas visit The Weather Channel site at www.weather.com.