- Where can I depart from for a cruise?
The cruise options featured in our Cruise & Stay packages depart from different locations, depending on the destination:
- Overnight Cruise Service to Grand Bahama from West Palm Beach, Florida (Port of Palm Beach)Schedule
- Fast Ferry Service to Grand Bahama from Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Port Everglades Terminal 1)Schedule
- Super Fast Cruise Service to Bimini from Miami, Florida (Port of Miami Terminial J)Schedule
- Carnival Cruise Lines & Royal Caribbean Cruises depart from ports all over the United States, depending on your destination
- How long is the cruise portion of the cruise & stay package?
The overnight cruise service departs in the late afternoon and arrives the next morning to Grand Bahama Island. The Fast Ferry Service makes the Grand Bahama Island run in under 3 hours and the Bimini run in less than 2 hours.
- Am I assisgned a cabin on any of the cruises?
Yes, the overnight cruise service is a traditional cruise ship. You are assigned a cabin with all standard cruise ammenities. Your food and standard beverages (coffee, tea, water) are included in the rate, as well as entertainment options.
- What type of ships are used for cruise & stay packages?
The overnight cruise ship accommodates up to 1,900 passengers with 10 decks, several restaurants, 3 pools, a casino, theatre with live show, shopping, bars and nightclubs, as well as other options. The fast ferry is a new ferry cruise ship with a capacity of 1000 passengers (Grand Bahama Island). They offer a cafe, casino and large comfortable seating options.
- What is the dress code aboard the overnight cruise?
Casual or formal dress is acceptable in most restaurants and all onboard venues. One restaurant, reserved for special occasions, does require formal attire.
- Is cruise service available to Nassau/Paradise Island, Bahamas?
No. Unfortunately, cruise transportation is only available to our resorts on Grand Bahama Island and Bimini, Bahamas. However, flights are available to other locations in the Bahamas at reduced rates.
- Are all taxes, port fees, and gratuities included with this package?
When booking the luxury cruise service through GoBahamas.com, all of your port fees, departure fees and other associated fees are included in your rate. Gratuites aboard the luxury cruise, in the amount of $12.00 per passenger on for your first night & $12.00 per passenger for your last night ($24.00 total), are not included and must be paid upon boarding. This covers gratuities for meals and your cabin steward. The fast shuttle service rate includes all port fees and depature fees with no other fees or gratuities due.
- How much luggage may I bring aboard the ship?
Each passenger may bring a maximum of 3 pieces of reasonably sized luggage aboard the luxury cruise for no additional luggage fees. Each passenger may bring a maximum of 2 pieces of carry-on luggage, not exceeding 26lbs aboard the fast shuttle service. If you wish to bring more luggage aboard the fast shuttle or luggage exceeding the weight limit, the cost is $25.00 per piece.
- Where do I leave my car if I’m driving to the port?
Each cruise port has ample secured parking for all passengers. The parking rate is $12-$18 per vehicle per day. Some hotels in the area also allow free parking if you are staying at the hotel the night before or after taking the cruise and offer free shuttle service to the port